If you look back to the beginning of this millennium, the advice you would have gotten as far as developing your career is concerned would have been a lot different from the advice you would get today. That is because a lot has changed today. Let’s face it; we live in uncertain times where we can’t afford to be as adventurous with our careers as we could in the past. Therefore, in this article, I have listed out a few points that you should keep in mind while you are making a plan for building your career:-
1. The first thing you need to do is assess yourself. This will make it a lot easier for you to feel confident, comfortable and focused as far as your job is concerned. Determine your best qualities and the things that set you apart from the rest.
2. Your resume is the next thing you need to work on. This is one document which will be seen by almost everyone you send it to. It should outline everything you have discovered in the first point clearly. Remember, your resume is what will get you an interview. Make it as appealing as possible.
3. In today’s technological world, networking is extremely important as well. Most high quality employment occurs on the basis of referrals. The easiest way for you to get hired by a big company is to enter the network of a hiring decision maker or at least someone close to them.’
4. When you are introducing yourself to professionals you need to understand that they don’t have much time and their attention span is very short. You will need to create a good first impression within thirty seconds of meeting them if you want to have a chance of getting recruited. You will need to include a few power statements into your introduction as well. You need them to remember you and value you above all other candidates.
5. Even if you have nailed the introduction, following it up with a terrible interview will only result in getting rejected. You need to ace your interview as well if you want to get the job. This means you will need to retain the interviewer’s attention once you have captured it. You need to show your potential employer that you know what you’re talking about and that you are best suited for the job.
Developing your career is something that will not happen overnight. (If you are inline with a medical profession, you can visit this link Sonographer Salary to find out more about your career. Like I’ve said above, it is hard to jump to any job nowadays. So why not stick to the one you have and develop with it.)
Whether you grow by changing jobs or within the same organization, it is a constant effort which will take quite a few years to achieve. But above everything else you should never give up hope and always believe in yourself. Remember at the end of the day it is up to you to develop your career. Get started today.
- How To Prepare For A Job Interview (glidingdowntherainbow.wordpress.com)
- Help make Job Looking Your Primary Priority (microentacareer.wordpress.com)
- Locating a job can be your job today. So perform 8 hours per day doing something concerning your career search and also self-marketing. The harder you set yourself on the market, the higher the probability of being noticed. Ways to produce your career se (microentacareer.wordpress.com)
- Using Your Business Plan to Monitor Progress (mzansifutureleaders.wordpress.com)
- Our Resume Review Webinar Airs Tomorrow–Register Today (virtual-strategy.com)
- Making your resume online effective at a career fair (helpyourcareer.org)
- Preparing for Interview Questions That Don’t Have a Right Answer (money.usnews.com)
- How to Determine It’s Time to Make a Career Change (money.usnews.com)
- The Best-Ever Response to “Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?” (thedailymuse.com)
- Didn’t Get The Job? Do This… (crosstiesolutionsltd.com)